Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution Day ~ Easy Chicken Stir Fry
I made this video in support of Food Revolution Day 2013! I invited Private Chef, Jennel Tiller, to bring you an easy chicken stir fry dish. Jennel is an incredible chef, she cooks on super yachts and for high profile clients, but in this video she shows you how quickly you can throw together a healthy family meal.
This dish is quick, easy, and very healthy! See below for the recipe.
Healthy Parents = Healthy Kids, it starts with YOU!
Not only is a healthy balanced diet essential for proper development but it’s an absolute must for your child to be able to function properly. A poor diet will affect your child’s behavior so take a good look and know what you’re feeding your child. Teach them how to make healthy choices. Habits are formed easily, so start them at a young age and be a good role model.
Here are some really important and interesting facts from Jamie Oliver’s Website.
Easy Chicken Stir Fry Recipe:
Serves 4-6 people
½ cup soy sauce
1 cup teriyaki sauce
1 cup rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp sesame oil
½ cup water
1oz toasted white sesame seeds
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1 tbsp ginger,minced
Whisk all of the ingredients in a bowl, separate a ½ cup of marinade and reserve for finishing the dish.
4 chicken breasts thinly sliced (can substitute thighs or a mixture of both)
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1 tbsp ginger, minced
1 cup shitake mushrooms, sliced
¼ cup scallions, thinly sliced
1 ½ cup carrots, julienned
1 cup purple cabbage, sliced thinly
1 ½ cup sugar snap peas, halved on an angle
1 ½ cup broccoli rabe, stalks trimmed, and cut into bite sized pieces
¼ cup of water
2 tbsp olive oil divided
- Garnish w/ chopped cilantro and roasted peanuts
- Place cut chicken in marinade, coat well and let sit while preparing the rest of the dish. Set aside the reserved marinade.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. While waiting for the water to boil, heat a large frying pan with one tbsp. of olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and ginger to the pan and sauté until softened.
- Add the scallions and carrots, sauté. Add ¼ cup of water to help steam vegetables in the pan, cook off the water. Turn off the heat. By now your water should be boiling. Add the peas and boil for 3 minutes (keep their crunch) Using a vegetable skimmer, remove the peas from the pot, letting as much water drain as possible and add to the frying pan of vegetables. Do the same with the broccoli rabe. Mix well and place vegetables in a large mixing bowl. Set aside while cooking the chicken.
- Reheat the fry pan over medium high heat with one tbsp. olive oil. Add the marinated chicken. Sauté, browning the chicken, until cooked through. Add the chicken to the vegetables. Add the reserved marinade to taste. Serve over cooked brown or white rice and garnish with cilantro and peanuts if desired.
See more from Jennel Tiller at: JennelTiller.com.